Caring Hands Camps2020
The 11th annual Caring Hands Camp is a project of the Boys and Girls Club of Boone County. The camp is also partnering with, St. Francis In-The-Fields Episcopal Church, Zeta Sigma Chapter of Tri Kappa, and the Lions Club. There are two camp weeks, June 8th-12th, 2020 and July 6th-10th, 2020, both take place at the St. Francis In-the-Fields Episcopal Church. Our goal is to bring kids in the Zionsville community coming together to help others in Zionsville, Boone County and neighboring counties.
We have a number of objectives for our Caring Hands Camp and strive to incorporate an element of service and fun in each and every day. Our camps are community service oriented, theme-driven summer camps with the themes as follows:
- Disability Awareness
- Animal Protection
- Senior Giving
- Hunger Relief
- Kids for Kids.
We involve a host of community leaders and community service organizations and provide service opportunities throughout the year.
Registration opens 7:00am on March 2nd at the Whitestown and Zionsville locations.
(You must register in person - 60 Campers per week)
June 8th-12th, 2020 or July 6th-10th, 2020
Please complete the Camp Application Form and bring with you to registration.
$215 for non-members and $150 for current members
Check out our Facebook Page
- DROP OFF AND PICK UP WILL BE AT St Francis Church!
- Camp is geared towards youth ages 5-12.
- The duration of the camp is Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm. Drop off/arrival is 8:45-9:00am. Afternoon pick up is 2:45-3:00pm.
- Specified ZCHS high school students, college students and BGC Boone staff will participate as camp counselors/staff.
- Daily lunch, water, and two snacks included in the cost.
- Before and after care can be arranged separately with the BGC Zionsville Unit. The BGC Boone $65 membership fee will cover both before and after camp and membership for a calendar year.
- Kick-off Meeting is on Monday, June 8th or July 6th at St Francis Church at 8:45am.
- End of the week party for the campers and their families is on Friday, June 12th or July 10th at 2:30pm at St Francis Church.
- Camp activities will take place at St Francis Church, BGC Boone, and specified project locations in Boone County and surrounding counties with the majority of activity taking place in Zionsville proper. Weather dependent activities will be planned accordingly as necessary.
Camp Committee Members
- Sarah Grimm (Camp Director/Boys & Girls Club of Boone County)
- Kathryn Rutherford (Assistant Camp Director/Boys & Girls Club of Boone County)
- Mark Branch (Boys & Girls Club of Boone County)
- Dolores Krohne (Boone County Resident)
- David Means (Boone County Resident)
Need-based scholarships are available. Please contact BGC Boone (317-769-7311) for an additional application form.
Adult volunteers are always needed, so contact Sarah Grimm, Whitestown Unit Director, for more information.