Summer Camp Registration Opens Monday, May 11
The Boys &Girls Club of Boone County is opening registrations for Summer Camp at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, May 11. Camp will he held at our Club Units in Lebanon, Whtiestown and Zionsville. As parent’s register their children, Club leadership is asking them to carefully review information about process and procedure, which follow current health and safety guidelines.
What addition safety procedures can we expect to ensure the health and wellness of the kids and staff?
- Any and all field trips will be by pod and only to outdoor locations.
- Campers and staff will have temperatures checked and answer questionnaires/health screenings before entering Clubs.
- Campers and staff will have temperature checked a second time at lunch.
- Masks will be available for members and required when appropriate.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 will not be allowed to participate and must go home. If this happens your child will wait in an office away from other youth and staff for everyone’s safety.
- If a child or staff member has had direct contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, they must self-quarantine for 14 days and call their healthcare provider.
- Each program area will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each activity.
- Campers and staff will regularly wash their hands.
- Deep cleaning will happen in the evening/ before the clubs open the following day.
- Social distancing practices put in place must be adhered to by each staff person and camper.
We have carefully reviewed guidelines from the CDC, FSSA and the state as we have planned this year’s camp. Due to social distancing and occupancy guidelines, we are restricting the number of campers at each location and organizing children in groups by age of up to 9 campers per group. We’re calling the groups pods and will have these groups in camp together all summer to ensure limited exposure to others.
Summer Camp Details and Registration
- Registration opens on Monday, May 11.
- Monday to Friday, June 1 through Friday, July 31, 7 a.m. to 6 p.
- Cost is $100 per week or $30 per day.
- Campers must be members of Boys & Girls Club of Boone County. ($65 membership)
- Parents can register using the portal on the organization’s website.
- The total campers at each location and planned pod group totals based on current guidelines:Lebanon: 36 campers (4 pods)
Whitestown: 54 campers (6 pods)
Zionsville: 45 campers (5 pods)
Leadership will continue to monitor the situation and guidance from state and national officials throughout the summer to determine if changes to the camp structure need to be made. During these uncertain times, we are excited to reopen and continue our mission of providing a safe environment for those who need us most.
Chief Operating Officer
Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Would you like to keep in touch with the happenings at the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County? If so, sign up for newsletter. You will get an email a couple of times a month.