This site is provided by Boys & Girls Club of Boone County ("BGCB"). BGCB does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our information collection practices are described below. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don't know.
The Information BGCB Collects
BGCB collects information in several ways from different parts of this site. BGCB may collect personal information from you when you register with this site. BGCB also may ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If you contact BGCB, BGCB may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including a record of your e-mail address. BGCB may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on this site that require you to fill out an online form or send BGCB an e-mail message in order to utilize these services. BGCB collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- Invite you to receive periodic e-mail updates about our progress: When you accept, or "opt in," we ask you to give us your e-mail address and respond to some questions that help us tailor our information to your interests. You can "opt out" of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Processing any online donations you make to BGCB: When you donate to honor someone else, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
- Accepting your online "registration" at our site: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to BGCB and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
- Processing registration information for online sweepstakes or contests on the BGCB website: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to BGCB and the parties we have involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
This list is not exhaustive, but meant to give the website user an idea of the data collecting on this website.
BGCB also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items.
How BGCB Uses the Information It Collects
BGCB understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality to users of this site. From time to time, BGCB may share donor names and mailing addresses with other reputable nonprofit organizations on a limited basis in exchange for limited access to the names and addresses of their constituents. We have found this is a cost-effective method of reaching additional potential constituents. These organizations will not have continued access to your name and address unless you choose to respond to their initial mailing. We do not share email address data in connection with this list exchange.
We respect our donors’ choices and control over their information. You, as a donor, may, at any time, have your name excluded from any donor list exchange activity. To ask that your name be excluded from list exchange activity or to otherwise change how BGCB contacts you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrity and Security
Use of SSL and encryption – When BGCB transfers and receives certain types of sensitive information such as online donations and account information, we direct visitors to a secure server, which communicates via SSL encryption and which has been designed to reduce the possibility of interception and hacking. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when the "http" portion of the BGCB website address in your browser changes to "https." The "s" stands for "secure."
Restricting who has access to your information – BGCB employs commercially reasonable managerial and technical measures to help protect the security and integrity of the personal information it collects online through this site. You acknowledge, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while BGCB strives to protect your personal information, BGCA cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or from this site
Privacy Practices of Other Sites
We assume no liability for any unauthorized actions of third parties or accidental transmission errors that may disclose information about you, and BGCB is not responsible for these other sites' privacy practices, which may be different from BGCA's privacy practices.
Contacting BGCB About Your Personal Information
If you would like to review the personal information that BGCB has collected about you through this site in order to verify its accuracy and completeness, or if you have a question or complaint regarding BGCB's privacy practices, or to request that BGCB delete your personal information from its records, please contact BGCB at email@example.com.
BGCB collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and donor comments when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, BGCB keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development process to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections.
BGCB does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of our donors. BGCB will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about news, upcoming fundraising events and other activities of BGCB
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy
As a rule, BGCB publicly recognizes a donor by publishing a donor’s name unless the donor explicitly chooses the “anonymous” field when making a donation by mail or online. Properly anonymized donor information can be used for promotional and fundraising activities.
Last updated: April 25th, 2019
Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
1575 Mulberry Street
Zionsville, IN 46077